Friday, August 24, 2012

Pre race festivities

We have been in Canada for a few days now, and it is an idyllic setting.  We are perched on a beautiful Lake named Shaka, which is both on the bike and run course for this race.  Today was a fun swim in Lake Okanagen, which was super rough, followed by a nice 2 hour bike.  I rode most of the marathon run section today so I could visualize the hills when I do the race on Sunday.

The tenement housing (JOKE)...Kim got us has turned out to be a terrific spot.  It is convenient to everything, and super comfortable.  The only thing missing are my SAVAGE friends from Team KQ!

Ironman Canada is in it's 30th year, and the town really embraces it.  Turn on the radio, and they are taking Ironman.  Everywhere you go, people ask "Eh, you doin the Ironman on Sunday?"

One of the most epic things thus far on this trip, has been star gazing.  There are no street lights, and the sky is truly amazing.  The stars and constellations are some of the best I have ever seen in my life.  


No comments: