Thursday, October 11, 2012

OK....the wait is almost over!

http://ironmanworldchampionship.com/

Less than 2 days till I enter the lovely blue and warm 
waters of Kialua Bay 
in beautiful Kona, Hawaii 
for the Ironman World Championship.  

It has been a fun week hustling around, 
swimming most days, 
biking and running other days.  
Today was a swim with my friends Scott/Mark/Jeff/Kyle.  

We swam out to the Coffee's of Hawaii 
catamaran to enjoy a nice shot of espresso 
about 1/4 mile out in the ocean.  
Fun to hang on the boat 
while sipping coffee!

 It is simply a blast being able to train and be with friends
 on this legendary course.  

I have experienced mild (by Kona standards) weather, 
and I have had some brutally hot runs, with
 one very memorable one in the famed 
Hawaii Natural Energy Lab.  
This is a piece of the run course
where most are suffering mightily.


 This will be Ironman number 11 for me, and my 3rd go at Hawaii.  
My two prior races have been clocked at 11h33' and 11h36'.

We will see if I can improve a little bit on that.  Most important was 
getting her to Kona and being able to race with the pros, 
and some of the fittest if not THE fittest
people on the planet, is a humbling, wonderful, 
and thankful experience for me.


No comments: