Thursday, October 9, 2008

1st full day in Ironman Paradise








Dudes...it is a cooker out here, and if the IM were today, there would be some big time melt downs, but I guess you can count on that at IMH regardless. Got up early, and did a swim in Kialua Bay...where the water was TOASTY warm...like 84 degrees maybe. Saw dolphins, and ran into a guy from Orange County out at the Expresso Bar that is on a sail boat about a 1/2 mile out on the swim...went to try out the new Ridley bike, but couldn't ride it as it will not fit me, and they would have to CUT the seatpost to make it work, so I had the guys at Ordea hook me up with an Orbea Ordu. I took it out on the Queen "K" and hammered on that bad boy for a bit. It was equiped with the Zipp Vuka Aero Bars, and the not yet released new Dura Ace Componants. It was Africa HOT out there, but I booked a little more than 20 miles in wind/heat without any nutrition/fluid...holy crap...now off to a SlowTwitch Get Together....

No comments: