Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hawaii Ironman-2008 Edition!


It was a HOT one in Kialua-Kona on Ironman Saturday. We were up early for the swim start, and made our way to various spots to watch the pro's and the AG athletes, all whom are quite amazing. I was struck by the heat & humidity, wondering how in the world I raced in these conditions last year. One of the photos shows me with the laptop, waiting for the lead athletes at mile 2 of the run course.

We did finish line "catching" for 3 hours, and caught athletes from all over the world. Fun to help them walk and unwind. Many, many were taken to the medical tent for treatments of various kinds. One gal had crap (yeah, pooh), all over herself; gross! I didn't take a picture of that...

Fun day out there, but I was beat, and we got home at 10pm...now we get to relax, enjoy the beach, and get ready to scuba Hawaiian Style!


No comments: