Friday, September 5, 2008

IM Wisconsin....2 days to go!








Today was a terrific day! I had a wonderful nights sleep, especially after hearing John McCain speak at the Republican Convention.
After 2 quick cups of java, I headed out for a "shake the legs" EZ run. I found myself nice and stiff, as it was cool and misty outside, but I started to loosen up as I got on the IMW run course along Lake Mendota. I love to S/B/R, but must say, nothing gives me the buzz that running does. I ended up doing about 2.5 miles and felt great when it was done.
Kim and I grabbed breakfast at the "Badgerland Grill" which is suprisingly decorated in Red/White....(this is Wisconsin Badger country). Then off to the swim start to meet Quinton at Lake Monona.
We had a great swim and I "schooled Q" on where to site. The water is perfect and we probably swam around 1600 yards or so. When that was over, I had to walk about 50 yards to get my bike that was delivered by "Tri Bike Transport"...what convenience.

The day was capped off with a wonderful 35m bike ride through the Wisconsin countryside (Wild Turkey, Hawks, and LOTS of COWS!!! MOOOOOOO)
Lonely country roads, no cars, no people, and all with new asphalt is HEAVEN, and this was certainly a TOP 10 ride for me. I can only tell you that this was a wonderful ride, and I am PUMPED.....

Now off to the Welcome Banquet to get MORE PUMPED!











No comments: